5G Core/RAN Support Engineer
- Collaborate with internal teams, vendors and partners to define requirements for, evaluate and implement third party and/or open-source network monitoring and management solutions.
- Create, update and monitor performance dashboards and threshold alarming.
- Monitor Core network availability and performance. Review alerts and notifications from monitoring systems and diagnose issues.
- Perform timely response and technical support to all incidents, requests, outages, and alerts.
- Monitor end to end service infrastructure’s health, service, and utilization and determine proactive improvements to ensure service continuity at scale.
- Lead efforts in capacity planning, performance monitoring and tuning to ensure optimal service operation and conformance to SLAs
- Develop and maintain the documentation to ensure changing requirements and technologies are captured and communicated.
- Evaluate and identify ways to automate, streamline, and improve day-to-day maintenance and administrative practices. Implement or facilitate implementation of these improvements.
- Create MOPs required to implement improvements.
- Analyze packet captures when necessary during troubleshooting.
- Effectively manage communication between end users, vendors, and engineering departments to rapidly resolve service affecting issues.
- Maintain current description and documentation of monitoring and service assurance tools.
- Participate in project meetings supporting business objectives.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- 5+ years’ experience with network operations and management with a focus on LTE components, service provider or enterprise IP routing and switching and/or application networking in combination with one or more of the following:
- Extensive knowledge of and hands-on experience with
- 4G LTE/5G/UMTS EPC Core and IMS Architecture and interface standards and management systems.
- 4G LTE/5G/UMTS call/data flows.
- System and network performance evaluation and tuning.
- Service provider IP networking technologies – including Layer 2, routing/switching, IP management tools, DNS, firewalls, encryption.
- Compute layer administration in physical, virtual and containerized environments. Hands-on experience with mobile edge compute, network function virtualization technology and related systems (Centos, VMWare)
- Network and service management protocols and tools.
- Open-source and/or proporietary network management tools and solutions.
- Cloud computing, automation and software defined networking
- MNO / MSO / Fixed Wireless service providers and equipment providers
- IT/Enterprise Small Cell or WiFi networking deployments / equipment providers
- Tower / in-building / DAS networking deployments / equipment providers
- Taking ownership – You drive initiatives and issues to resolution.
- Innovation – she/he seeks to improve their work environment and provide superior team support.
- Effectiveness – Strong ability to multi-task and prioritize between network monitoring, outage handling, phone calls, ticket updates and emails.
- Adaptability – Embraces change and thrives in a dynamic work environmet
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Project management / account engagement management experience
- Experience creating and delivering training and support materials
- Linux Certifications: Linux+, LPIC, RHCA, or RHCE
- VMWare Certifications: VMWare ESX and NSX
- Networking Certifications: CCNA, CCNP, JNCIA, JNCIS
- CompTIA Certification: A+, Server+, Security+, Networking+
- Experience with Programming / Scripting languages. (Linux, C, C++, bash, Perl, python)
- Knowledge of IaaS solutions – AWS is a plus.
- Knowledge in CBRS spectrum frequency and FCC requirements (3.5GHz)
This role is a travel and hybrid position, with going into the office 3 days/week.
Visit the company's startup page to learn more about their mission, culture, perks & benefits, diversity & inclusion initiatives, and more...