Morning Consult is looking to hire an experienced Associate Vice President of Engineering to play a key leadership role in their rapidly growing team of engineers. As part of the leadership team, those in this role will partner closely with the executive team, product team, and other engineering leaders to define the implementation of Morning Consult’s product roadmap. The team of engineers this role works with is responsible for producing customer-facing applications and is targeted for a significant amount of growth. This is a highly visible technology leadership role that has a tremendous impact on how Morning Consult serves their customers.
Key Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Work closely with leadership across the company to establish and execute against technical objectives
- Recruit, coach, and mentor a diverse team of engineers with an emphasis on collaboration and creativity
- Empower teams to build and manage quality software
- Contribute to other division specific strategic projects as necessary
- 15+ years experience working in technology
- 10+ years experience in a managerial role
- Experience recruiting, retaining, and leading high-functioning engineering teams
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Positive, level-headed practical approach to solving problems
- Strong technical knowledge that enables you to lead teams through complex technical decisions and projects
- Willing to take feedback, learn and grow; an ethos of continuous self improvement
This role is fully remote.
Visit the company's startup page to learn more about their mission, culture, perks & benefits, diversity & inclusion initiatives, and more...