Hatch I.T. is partnering with Rize to find a Backend Engineer, see details below:
Rize is seeking a talented Rails engineer to join their rapidly growing engineering team. You’ll be directly contributing to a high-availability software API that powers their core financial platform.
At Rize, they’re building the banking platform of the future — one that unifies spending, saving, and investing in ways current banks can’t. Rize has built a truly differentiated product capable of independently managing multiple pools of money across different account types. They’re dedicated to intelligently helping people achieve their financial goals. This is your chance to rebuild banking from the ground up.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
You are a seasoned Ruby / Ruby on Rails engineer who enjoys building and maintaining robust and scalable software. You have significant experience developing high-availability REST APIs and designing complex data models. You are excited to learn new languages, libraries, and frameworks to expand your skillset and help your team hit their deliverables.
You have experience working at a growth-stage startup with evolving challenges and technical requirements. You’re able to participate in architectural design discussions and collaborate with your peers to solve technical problems of high scope and complexity.
Additionally, you should have a fundamental understanding of data security and the proper methods for handling and storing PII. Prior experience working in fintech or banking is a plus.
- Rize offers a competitive salary as well as stock options in the company. They treat you as an owner because you are!
- Rize trusts you to get your work done so they offer unlimited PTO and a flexible WFH policy
- Rize is a small, close-knit team and they always make room for fun in their busy schedules with weekly team lunches and monthly team outings
WHAT YOU’LL GET TO DO:
- Develop and maintain Rize’s core RESTful API using Ruby on Rails
- Work with DevOps to design and implement our backend infrastructure using Terraform
- Work with the QA team to write thorough unit and integration tests
- Participate in software architecture discussions and code reviews
- Integrate our platform with third-party services and APIs
- Assist in establishing data security and information security best practices
- Develop Rize’s internal data pipeline and BI tools
WHAT YOU’LL NEED IN ORDER TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering or relevant work experience
- 3-5+ years proficiency and experience using Ruby and Ruby on Rails
- Experience working with SQL and ActiveRecord
- Experience writing unit tests in RSpec
- Knowledge of CI/CD tools
- Ability to build and consume command-line tools
- Experience working in an Agile software environment
- Experience working with IaC deployments (Terraform) is a plus
- Experience shipping enterprise B2B SaaS products is preferred
- Experience working in a highly regulated environment (healthcare or finance) is a plus
Ruby on Rails
- All interviews are done virtually with Google Meet video calls.
- 30-minute first interview with VP, Engineering
- Take-home assessment
- Final team round of interviews.
This position is fully remote.
Visit the company's startup page to learn more about their mission, culture, perks & benefits, diversity & inclusion initiatives, and more...