Hatch I.T. is partnering with Embedded Healthcare to find a Data Scientist, see details below:
Embedded Healthcare is a mission-driven company improving health care delivery through analytics, technology, and behavioral economics jointly applied to change provider behavior. The company draws on proven research that demonstrates how specific design principles can help payers or health systems impact provider behavior to support new payment and delivery models. Join this early-stage start up on the cutting edge of value-based care, behavioral economics, incentive design, and more.
Embedded Healthcare is seeking a Data Scientist for its Payer & Provider Services Team. This team is responsible for designing, launching, and delivering client projects and deliverables. The team works directly with researchers, data scientists, and experts to translate research into actionable strategies and designs for major payers and provider clients.
The core responsibilities include:
- Perform descriptive and advanced statistical analysis using large healthcare and administrative databases
- Synthesize findings and package insights on client spending, utilization, quality, and specific clinical areas
- Work with EHC product team to translate analytics processes to repeatable, scalable solutions
- Collaborate with client services team, product team, researchers, and external stakeholders to navigate challenges
- Facilitate/attend regular project meetings between EHC and client
- Serve as client point of contact for data / statistical analysis workstreams and inputs
- Support overall EHC methodology/strategy development
The ideal candidate for the role will have the following qualifications:
- 2-3 years of experience in healthcare product development/refinement and delivery
- Substantial programming experience in R and SQL
- Additional familiarity with Python strongly preferred
- Extensive experience with analytic work
- Experience owning complex tasks/workstreams and leading others
- Excellent verbal/written communications and executive presentation skills required
- Passion for improving health care a must– you will get to work alongside some of the country’s leading health care experts.
- Strong work ethic and entrepreneurial spirit – we are building a company from the ground up, so every team member is given a significant amount of responsibility and growth opportunity!
- Masters degree in statistics, computer science, or similar field preferred/or equivalent experience
2. Test (Hacker Rank)
5. Add team member from the analytics or functional teams.
Embedded Healthcare is a hybrid first workforce. They are open to team members working remotely, and that they will be in office on a fractional basis. Embedded Healthcare will have in-person, event-based, visits to DC. Team members are encouraged, but not required to come to in-person events as they feel appropriate. They are requiring team members to be vaccinated if they are to visit in-person.
Visit the company's startup page to learn more about their mission, culture, perks & benefits, diversity & inclusion initiatives, and more...