Front-End Developer, Consumer Experience
Hatch I.T. is partnering with MotoRefi to find a Front-End Developer-Consumer Experience , see details below:
MotoRefi is on a mission to save car owners $100/month or more with their seamless marketplace and technology platform. Customers love MotoRefi (NPS is 81!), the company grew revenue over 5x last year, and team members say MotoRefi is a great place to work (read the Glassdoor reviews!). MotoRefi is proud to be backed by a great team of venture and angel investors, including Goldman Sachs, IA Capital Group, Motley Fool Ventures, Moderne Ventures, Gaingels, QED Investors, Accomplice, Link Ventures, the former COO of Venmo, and others.
About the Role
MotoRefi is looking for a skilled Principal Front-End Developer to help build out proprietary financing software. You will help build out a frontend platform with multiple services, support custom experiences across Strategic Partners, integrate with core API, and improve the experience for users. The current stage provides a seasoned front-end engineer with a healthy mix of familiar and novel challenges and a high degree of agency to solve them.
- Design, build, and maintain a platform of web services that are subjected to a high request volume using a modern framework
- You work on your team and across teams to ensure technical designs include all relevant considerations. You help guide productive critical discussions on technical matters across the team
- You empower engineers across your team to learn and use new paradigms, and facilitate sharing amongst other teams
- You develop and align testing strategies across your team
- You identify, define, and translate company vision and goals into functional projects. You help define objectives for team leaders according to the needs of the business.
- Evolve the architecture of the frontend platform and associated services to provide custom experiences for users
- Evolve the analytics tracking frameworks to support more reliable instrumentation of front-end web applications
- Implement monitoring and alerting to understand the health of the apps and diagnose issues
- Develop technical standards that support high velocity delivery, and guide the team on their use
- Lead and mentor engineers to accomplish objectives with the support of an engineering manager
- Drive incremental improvements across multiple roadmap items
- Demonstrate ownership of the software and applications
Behind the Scenes
We interviewed Mike Garrett, Engineering Manager at MotoRefi about deciding to build versus buy.
There are always exceptions, and we are looking for exceptional individuals, so nothing on this list is strictly required. However, if many of these match your experiences, then you would likely thrive in this role. You:
- Have 10+ years of software development experience
- Have 5+ years of front-end development experience
- Are a passionate software engineer that loves building polished consumer-facing products
- Are a collaborator that thrives in a social atmosphere and actively contributes to improving processes, workflows, and communication
- Are a mentor who enjoys teaching new languages, frameworks, and tools to others
- Readily picks up new languages, frameworks, and tools
- Have effective communication skills, a positive attitude, and ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- Have experience with frontend testing frameworks and integration testing
Nice to have
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or related field)
- Experience with Next.js, Hasura, GraphQL, Vercel
- Experience with API design and versioning
Visit the company's startup page to learn more about their mission, culture, perks & benefits, diversity & inclusion initiatives, and more...