Full Stack Engineer – Auto Insurance
Hatch I.T. is partnering with MotoRefi to find a Full Stack Engineer – Auto Insurance, see details below:
At MotoRefi, we’re on a mission to save car owners $100/month or more with our seamless marketplace and technology platform. Our customers love us (our NPS is 81!), we grew revenue over 5x last year, and team members tell us MotoRefi is a great place to work (read our Glassdoor reviews!). MotoRefi is proud to be backed by a great team of venture and angel investors, including Goldman Sachs, IA Capital Group, Motley Fool Ventures, Moderne Ventures, Gaingels, QED Investors, Accomplice, Link Ventures, the former COO of Venmo, and others
About the Role:
MotoRefi is on a mission to save car owners $100/month or more with their seamless marketplace and technology platform. Customers love MotoRefi (NPS is 81!), the company grew revenue over 5x last year, and team members say MotoRefi is a great place to work (read the Glassdoor reviews!). MotoRefi is proud to be backed by a great team of venture and angel investors, including Goldman Sachs, IA Capital Group, Motley Fool Ventures, Moderne Ventures, Gaingels, QED Investors, Accomplice, Link Ventures, the former COO of Venmo, and others.
This role will:
- Build and maintain service layers (REST, GraphQL, etc) that will be interacted with by a variety of consuming applications
- Prioritize and deliver both the backend and frontend capabilities to offer insurance across various digital product experiences
- Leverage modern frameworks to build interactive web applications
- Utilize a variety of databases for different use cases (e.g., relational, document, graph, object storage)
- Partner closely with the Product team to define feature specifications and build products
Behind the Scenes
We interviewed Mike Garrett, Engineering Manager at MotoRefi about deciding to build versus buy.
There are always exceptions, and we are looking for exceptional individuals, so nothing on this list is strictly required. However, if many of these match your experiences, then you would likely thrive in this role.
- 5+ years of programming experience with modern languages (Haskell, Scala, Typescript, etc)
- Knowledge of Infrastructure as Code (IaC) practices including Terraform, CloudFormation, Google Deployment Manager, GitOps, etc
- Demonstrates an understanding of modern engineering practices like code reviews, testing at various levels (unit, regression, integration) and designing for scale
- Passionate software engineer that loves building polished products
- Collaborator that thrives in a social atmosphere and actively contributes to improving processes, workflows, and communication
- Maker who doesn’t relent until finding a both elegant and practical solution to a problem
- Systems thinker who understands the value of automation and infrastructure as code
- Quick study that readily picks up new languages, frameworks, and tools
- Person who cares deeply that your work realizes positive outcomes for Motorefi’s world
Visit the company's startup page to learn more about their mission, culture, perks & benefits, diversity & inclusion initiatives, and more...