Full Stack Software Engineer (Sr.)
Embedded Healthcare is seeking an experienced Team Leader who is passionate about building and leading teams to create the next generation of healthcare software solutions. This person will have the opportunity to make significant product contributions, while also building high-performing teams, and continuing to develop their own skill set.
The ideal candidate has full stack SaaS and/or Cloud Native experience building technology, especially for a regulated industry. Professional experience with AWS is a must. This person will collaborate with product managers, designers, customers and partners, and other engineers to build great products using Agile practices and processes.
The core responsibilities include:
- Serve as the technical owner and subject matter expert for one or more product areas.
- Lead a team of engineers responsible for architecting, building, testing and documenting the Embedded Healthcare product platform.
- Collaborate closely with product owners and designers.
- Support overall EHC methodology / strategy development.
- Help lead Agile processes including sprint planning, daily scrums, sprint reviews, demos, and retrospectives.
- Write code and implement a share of the team’s user stories, including automated tests and infrastructure as code.
- Provide expertise in Web, API, and database development.
- Perform code reviews and ensure that the team produces maintainable secure software.
- Identify and evaluate new technologies/frameworks needed to be added to the technology stack.
- Support and implement the latest standards and processes needed to secure data for HIPAA and HITRUST compliance.
The ideal candidate for the role will have the following qualifications:
- 7+ years of software engineering experience.
- 2+ years in a team lead role using Agile practices and processes.
- Excellent verbal/written communications and executive presentation skills required.
- Experience developing Cloud Native applications or products on AWS, Azure, or GCP, AWS preferred.
- Experience with modern version control systems (GIT) and tools (GitHub, Bitbucket).
- Passion for improving health care a must– you will get to work alongside some of the country’s leading health care experts.
- Strong work ethic and entrepreneurial spirit – we are building a company from the ground up, so every team member is given a significant amount of responsibility and growth opportunity!
- Familiarity with Python strongly preferred.
Nice to Have
- Experience working in a start-up environment.
- Knowledge of the healthcare industry and HL7 standards like FHIR.
- Past exposure to payer/provider landscape, value-based care, and specific risk-based payment and delivery reforms.
- AWS certifications
2. Test (Hacker Rank)
5. Add team member from the analytics or functional teams.
Embedded Healthcare is a hybrid first workforce. They are open to team members working remotely, and that they will be in office on a fractional basis. Embedded Healthcare will have in-person, event-based, visits to DC. Team members are encouraged, but not required to come to in-person events as they feel appropriate. They are requiring team members to be vaccinated if they are to visit in-person.
Visit the company's startup page to learn more about their mission, culture, perks & benefits, diversity & inclusion initiatives, and more...