Product Design Lead
About West Creek
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead design and user experience for significant parts of our core product; own the design process from prioritization through launch
- Be a principal author of our long-term product vision, design systems, internal design collaboration process
- Work directly with product/engineering leads to transform company strategy into prioritized initiatives in the roadmap and identify the right problems to solve
- Be opinionated and leverage a direct line to our customers to get insights. Explore solutions, create prototypes, and dive into user feedback/data to identify points of friction and opportunities for improvement in every initiative
- Collaborate across various business functions to bring our product, brand, and user experience to life
- Actively participate in all stages of our agile design process, including contributing tostory creation, standups, etc.
- Help us hire amazing people and build our design team from the ground floor up
- 5+ years of tech/startup or digital product agency experience
- Demonstrated experience with end-to-end (hybrid UX and UI) product design
- Experience in building and shipping applications/software
- Experience owning products from start to finish, working with engineers and product managers
- Extraordinary visual design skills
- Strong understanding of UX principles and workflows
- Strong background in visual/interaction design, branding & identity, and typography
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Expertise with design tools (Figma, Illustrator, Sketch)
- Experience with prototyping tools (Principle, Invision)
The team at West Creek is looking for candidates who are available to come into the office and collaborate in person. While this position allows the future candidate to work from home several days a week, they are looking for candidates in the Washington, DC region or Richmond, VA to come into the office on a regular basis.
Visit the company's startup page to learn more about their mission, culture, perks & benefits, diversity & inclusion initiatives, and more...