Duties and Responsibilities
- Partner with and lead cross functional teams to set product vision and strategy
- Advocate for our merchant partners and consumer users through thoughtful product decisions that define our roadmap
- Go deep into both technical huddles with engineers and strategic discussions with executives
- Manage product delivery alongside a team of engineers, designers, and customer-facing teams from ideation to launch
- Define and track metrics that drive insights into the success of our products
- Manage competing priorities with consistency and transparency
- Use data and customer feedback to constantly iterate and evolve our product offering
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How?
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don’t get excited about point of sale financing, retail, and consumer empowerment, it simply won’t work.
- Smarts: Book and street. We have to use all of the tools at our disposal to build West Creek.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people’s access to life essential goods and services are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.
- 4+ years in a product management capacity at a technology-driven organization
- BA/BS in a technical or analytical field
- You’re an analytical, metrics-driven thinker who is deeply empathetic and leads with a user-centered approach
- You have a strong bias to diving into data to generate insights, and ideally, are proficient in SQL
- You have experience managing software products from ideation to launch – including managing the product vision, day-to-day prioritization, design, and go to market strategy
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills with a talent for precise articulations of customer problems
- You typically command the details of a situation better than anyone in the room
- You do whatever it takes to make your product and team successful
- Bonus: you have experience working on complex financial products
- Bonus: you’re an entrepreneur or have experience working in startups
The team at West Creek is looking for candidates who are available to come into the office and collaborate in person. While this position allows the future candidate to work from home several days a week, they are looking for candidates in the Washington, DC region or Richmond, VA to come into the office on a regular basis.
Visit the company's startup page to learn more about their mission, culture, perks & benefits, diversity & inclusion initiatives, and more...