Senior Data Scientist
Duties and Responsibilities
- Partner closely with a variety of business teams across West Creek to build and guide industry-leading risk, fraud, and sales forecasting models
- Build machine learning models through all phases of development, from design through training, evaluation, validation, and implementation
- Leverage your interpersonal skills to translate the complexity of your work into tangible business goals
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How?
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don’t get excited about point of sale financing, retail, and consumer empowerment, it simply won’t work.
- Smarts: Book and street. We have to use all of the tools at our disposal to build West Creek.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people’s access to life essential goods and services are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.
- 5+ years of experience in financial services
- 4+ years of professional experience building predictive models in Python
- 3+ years of experience deploying machine learning models into production
- 3+ years in a finance, sales, or risk-oriented support role
- Minimum 2+ years’ experience using SQL
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative or STEM field such as Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Machine Learning, Economics, or Analytics
- Master’s degree or PhD in a quantitative or STEM field
- 1+ years of experience in a fast-moving start-up
- 1+ years of experience using Spark, AWS, or Azure
The team at West Creek is looking for candidates who are available to come into the office and collaborate in person. While this position allows the future candidate to work from home several days a week, they are looking for candidates in the Washington, DC region or Richmond, VA to come into the office on a regular basis.
Visit the company's startup page to learn more about their mission, culture, perks & benefits, diversity & inclusion initiatives, and more...