Senior Frontend Engineer
Hatch I.T. is partnering with Sitka to find a Senior Frontend Engineer, see details below:
At Sitka they believe that EVERYONE deserves access to specialized healthcare. Founded in late 2018 by Founder/CEO Kelsey Mellard, their mission is to foster informed, effective, and trusted care delivery for all patients by every provider. Timely access to specialty care is often out of reach for too many Americans, often because of the inefficiencies of the delivery system. Sitka is reimagining specialty care by giving primary care providers access to network of specialist physicians. Sitka’s platform enables virtual consults on patient diagnosis and care between PCPs and specialists. With Sitka, patients avoid unnecessary specialist visits and receive answers in hours, not weeks, all while keeping PCPs at the helm.
Sitka’s women-led leadership team has decades of experience in medicine, technology, policy, and product to help address what they already knew to be true: the current healthcare system deserves thoughtful innovation. In addition, their investors are leaders in investing in early stage healthcare companies. Most recently they closed a Series A round of $14 million led by Venrock.
Sitka is committed to bringing a diverse and inclusive team together focused on solving specialized healthcare.
As a fully remote company, they take community and culture seriously! From weekly culture events to biannual in-person retreats, Sitkanauts are encouraged to build social connections and share their passions with the collective. At Sitka, they believe they’re all responsible for building the community and culture they want. Sitka’s values are a reflection of this intention and inform every aspect of their business and product.
About the job
Sitka is looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer to join their small but growing engineering team of 10, and join Sitka on their journey to help patients and their doctors unlock access to specialty expertise. The ideal candidate is someone who has deep expertise building products as a frontend engineer, values ownership, and is excited about frequently shipping features that lead to better patient care.
- You’ve built real-world applications with React (or another modern frontend framework, e.g., Angular, Vue.js)
- You understand modern web architecture — how the pieces fit together, how to build robust and reliable services, how to manage complexity as a service grows.
- You have built or worked with reusable components and design systems
- You have experience over the development process from initial conversations with a customer, designer, or product manager to launch.
- You have experience solving problems with plenty of ambiguity and imperfect information.
- You like learning new things and teaching what you know to others.
- You care about building an engineering culture based on diversity, respect, recognition, innovation, and trust.
Extra Bonus Skills
- You’ve worked with modern browser APIs (video recording, screen-sharing).
- You’ve worked on complicated, multiparty workflow systems.
- You’ve dealt with HIPAA and survived with your sanity intact (intactness of sanity is strictly optional).
- You’ve built systems on AWS.
- Intro Call
- Domain Screen
- “Onsite” – SIM Review
- “Onsite” – Interview 1 (Technical)
- “Onsite” – Interview 2 (Technical)
- “Onsite” – Values Fit
- “Onsite” – Cross functional
- Final Interview (Sell)
- References & Other Final Concerns
This position is fully remote.
Visit the company's startup page to learn more about their mission, culture, perks & benefits, diversity & inclusion initiatives, and more...