Senior Software Engineer
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, develop, test, and deploy new software solutions, enhancements, and bug fixes
- Consistently write, translate, and code software programs and applications according to specifications
- Run and monitor performance and quality tests on new and existing software for the purposes of correcting mistakes, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging
- Determine, develop, and maintain user manuals, training materials and documentation
- Lead in the preparation and documentation of software requirements and specifications
- Design and implement long-term strategic goals and short-term tactical plans for managing and maintaining software
- Conduct research on emerging technologies in support of systems development efforts and recommend technologies that will improve performance and/or functionality
- Model business and application processes based on findings through use case scenarios, workflow diagrams, and data models
- Lead other developers, analysts, and designers in conceptualizing and developing new software programs and applications
- Provide guidance and mentor new/junior members of the team
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How?
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don’t get excited about point of sale financing, retail, and consumer empowerment, it simply won’t work.
- Smarts: Book and street. We have to use all of the tools at our disposal to build West Creek.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people’s access to life essential goods and services are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.
- Expert knowledge of programming languages, including Golang, Node.js, Python, and C#;
- Skilled in multiple structured programming languages, object- oriented, and functional programming
- Hands-on experience with modern web technologies such as Vue, React, and Angular
- Deep knowledge of architecting and delivering applications to any of the major cloud providers: AWS, Azure, or GCE
- Hands-on experience with containerization, service mesh-based architectures, and technologies in this space like Kubernetes, Istio, and Docker
- Engineers solutions with CI/CD, Automation, and Quality as first-class citizens
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities
- Skilled at performing research into emerging technologies and trends, standards, and products
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies
- Highly logical
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
- Extensive experience in developing web based, enterprise applications and microservices
- Hands-on experience with application development tools
- Proven experience in development of complex projects including technical design and analyzing requirements
- Strong knowledge of scrum/agile software development process
Education & Experience
- Four-year college or university program certificate in Computer Science/Engineering or Information Systems; or 5+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years of experience in C#/.Net programming
- 5+ years hands experience designing and developing enterprise applications
- 3+ years’ experience managing projects and/or teams
The team at West Creek is looking for candidates who are available to come into the office and collaborate in person. While this position allows the future candidate to work from home several days a week, they are looking for candidates in the Washington, DC region or Richmond, VA to come into the office on a regular basis.
Visit the company's startup page to learn more about their mission, culture, perks & benefits, diversity & inclusion initiatives, and more...