Senior Software Engineer-Back End
Hatch I.T. is partnering with MotoRefi to find a Senior Software Engineer- Backend, see details below:
At MotoRefi, we’re on a mission to save car owners $100/month or more with our seamless marketplace and technology platform. Our customers love us (our NPS is 81!), we grew revenue over 5x last year, and team members tell us MotoRefi is a great place to work (read our Glassdoor reviews!). MotoRefi is proud to be backed by a great team of venture and angel investors, including Goldman Sachs, IA Capital Group, Motley Fool Ventures, Moderne Ventures, Gaingels, QED Investors, Accomplice, Link Ventures, the former COO of Venmo, and others
About the Role:
MotoRefi is looking for a skilled Senior Full Stack Engineer to lead the engineering effort to deliver multiple solutions to the needs of internal stakeholders. The company’s rapid growth and expansion means that the tailor-made web applications need to be fault tolerant and highly available from the first deployment. We develop and maintain internal applications that provide significant leverage to operations teammates. The backend that runs all of this is evolving toward an event-sourced architecture that supports the highly asynchronous and multi-modal workflows we are automating. The current stage provides a seasoned full-stack engineer with a healthy mix of familiar and novel challenges and a high degree of agency to solve them.
- Build and maintain service layers (REST, GraphQL, etc) that will be interacted with by a variety of consuming applications
- Leverage modern frameworks like React to build interactive web applications
- Utilize a variety of databases for different use cases (e.g., relational, document, graph, object storage)
- Partner closely with the Product Team to define feature specifications and build products
Behind the Scenes
We interviewed Mike Garrett, Engineering Manager at MotoRefi about deciding to build versus buy.
- 5+ years of programming experience with modern languages (Ruby, Typescript, Scala, etc)
- Knowledge of Infrastructure as Code (IaC) practices including Pulumi, CloudFormation, Google Deployment Manager, GitOps, etc
- Demonstrates an understanding of modern engineering practices like code reviews, testing at various levels (unit, regression, integration) and designing for scale
- Passionate software engineer that loves building polished products
- Collaborator that thrives in a social atmosphere and actively contributes to improving processes, workflows, and communication
- Maker who doesn’t relent until finding a both elegant and practical solution to a problem
- Systems thinker who understands the value of automation and infrastructure as code
- Quick study that readily picks up new languages, frameworks, and tools
- Person who cares deeply that your work realizes positive outcomes for MotoRefi’s world
Visit the company's startup page to learn more about their mission, culture, perks & benefits, diversity & inclusion initiatives, and more...