Senior Software Engineer (Frontend)
Company Headquarters: Charlottesville, VA
Work Policy: Fully Remote
Stock/Equity Eligibility: Available
At Skafos, we are building a new AI-based Interactive visually-driven Product Discovery platform for eCommerce retailers. We are looking for a software engineer to jump into the weeds with our cross-functional software team. While we seek full stack experience for this role, it would be best suited for an engineer with a passion for developing and iterating outstanding customer experiences. You will be disrupting the “traditional” way people think about eCommerce and building interfaces that empower customers in their shopping journey.
Our Core Values
We listen — We listen to ourselves, to our colleagues, to our customers. We are humble to other viewpoints and know there’s a lot we don’t know. Listening is how we learn and grow. It’s also how we know we’re building something people will love.
We are scrappy — Getting things done in a fast-paced startup requires digging in and finding creative ways to solve all sorts of problems. We get it done.
We are kind — We are kind to ourselves, to our colleagues, to our customers. We’re all in this together and doing the best work of our careers requires compassionate cooperation.
We are accountable — We set goals and commitments with our team and our customers, and we hold ourselves to them. If things are going sideways, we proactively communicate status.
What we offer
Competitive salary, stock options, paid vacation, and health benefits.
An opportunity to level up your skills and supercharge your career.
Computer and “get stuff done” office supplies.
Workspace at our office located on the Charlottesville downtown mall or remote (consider it a ‘new normal’ Hybrid!).
- 5+ years of experience working as a software engineer.
- Experience with NodeJS-based development.
- Experience with microservices is a plus!
- Design, develop, and deploy React and Redux-powered applications to power Skafos online shopping solutions.
- Implement unit, functional, and integration tests.
- Work from fully specced out requirements, high fidelity prototypes, and pixel-perfect designs to make beautiful applications — but also often work without them to build a foundation to iterate on.
- Give thoughtful and kind feedback on others’ work in code reviews and retrospectives.
- If desired, participate in other areas of our tech stack, including server code, API development, machine learning model development, and DevOps.
- You have shipped and deployed front-end applications and have experience with React and Redux or similar front-end frameworks.
- You understand data structures, data modeling, and the basics of software architecture.
- You are crafty and resourceful in the face of challenging problems.
- You are unafraid to ask questions and continue learning.
- You have good to great English communication skills.
- At least half your workday overlaps with US Eastern Time Zone
Bonus skills (not required, we’re happy to train – but a plus if you already have these skills)
- NodeJS experience using ExpressJS.
- Experience working with NoSQL databases such as Redis or MongoDB.
- Docker and familiarity with application containerization.
- Experience with continuous integration.
- Experience one or more of the following eCommerce platforms: Shopify, WooCommerce, BigCommerce
Visit the company's startup page to learn more about their mission, culture, perks & benefits, diversity & inclusion initiatives, and more...