Senior Software Engineer
🚀Hatch I.T. is partnering with Pryon to find a Senior Software Engineer, see details below:
It’s finally time to join a venture who sees you for the talented and complex individual you are: someone with both professional ambitions and personal aspirations in life. As an AI company, Pryon is disrupting the hottest category in tech with leaders who know how to make history — and who want to help you make your own. Welcome to Pryon, a place for people who want to define the state of the art: real AI (oxymoron intended), developed by real pioneers, solving real problems of consequence. The company was built by some of the most well-known experts in the field, whose DNA lives on in Alexa, Siri, Watson and virtually every other AI product on the market. But the best part of the story is still to come: Pryon is creating a world-class culture fueled by intellectual curiosity and radical technology — to reduce the distance between knowledge and people.
What you will be doing:
- Technical guide and a leader in designing & coding robust scalable, loosely coupled components and microservices that integrates with both public and private cloud infrastructure.
- Apply architecture and design principals consistently and holistically to enable target end-to-end usage scenarios.
- Strong focus on DevOps use-cases and work-flows.
- Optimized internally for extensibility and enabling development teams to operate quickly.
- Work with SCRUM teams and Product Management to refine requirements, understand how we will meet the broader properties of the system and help design efficient, flexible, highly scalable and extensible services.
- Drive critical component design decisions across working teams.
- Work to drive decisions through a crisp decision-making process and framework.
- Analyze criteria and options and bring together necessary data to answer key questions.
- Meet with key partners, internal teams and 3rd party partners in joint design and development efforts while being able to articulate roadmap and product architecture.
What Pryon is looking for:
- Experience in development & deployment across multiple cloud providers such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, VMWare and OpenStack.
- Good knowledge of microservices architecture & large-scale API design and development.
- Experience with Docker containers and orchestration platforms such as ECS, Kubernetes, Mesos and/or Swarm.
- Experience developing solutions using automation tools such as Ansible, Chief, Puppet, System Center.
- Experience developing automation for Terraform or infrastructure provisioning tools.
- Good knowledge and extensive experience with a broad set of ADC component technologies.
- Experience crafting complex product technologies and initiatives from concept through release.
- Able to collaborate and thrive in a dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communications.
- Regularly demonstrates collaboration by promoting others’ ideas, influencing others, and making teams successful.
- Recommends and maintains technical design methodologies, processes and standards.
- Participates on cross functional design teams to develop expertise in other modules/systems.
- Engages with Product Management to drive detailed product requirements.
- Excellent organizational agility and interpersonal skills throughout the organization.
- Database knowledge including Relational and NoSQL databases.
- Operating System knowledge of Linux, OS Processes, Threads, Scheduling, Synchronization, Memory Management, and Input/Output device management.
- Typically requires a minimum of 6 years’ of related experience.
- Coding experience in languages such as Java, Python, Golang, Node.js, and C/C++
- Experience in service mesh and micro-service frameworks.
- Pre-screen interview with the head of Engineering
- Two to four 1-hour technical interviews with individual engineers
- One hour zoom interview with the entire team to gauge personality fit and fill in on technical details
- Hire or no-hire decision
Visit the company's startup page to learn more about their mission, culture, perks & benefits, diversity & inclusion initiatives, and more...