Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, develop, test, and deploy new software solutions, enhancements, and bug fixes
- Engineer solutions with CI/CD, Quality, and Observability as first-class citizens
- Work collaboratively with others to achieve goals
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How?
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don’t get excited about point of sale financing, retail, and consumer empowerment, it simply won’t work.
- Smarts: Book and street. We have to use all of the tools at our disposal to build West Creek.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people’s access to life essential goods and services are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.
- Foundational knowledge of programming languages; preferred being Golang, Node.js, Python, and C#
- Hands-on experience with modern web technologies such as Vue, React, and Angular
- Hands-on experience developing web based, enterprise applications and microservices
- Hands-on experience delivering applications to any of the major cloud providers: AWS, Azure, or GCE
- Familiarity with containerization and technologies in this space like Kubernetes and Docker
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Knowledge of scrum/agile software development process
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
- Highly logical
Education & Experience
- Four-year college in Computer Science/Engineering or Information Systems
- 2+ years hands experience designing and developing enterprise applications
The team at West Creek is looking for candidates who are available to come into the office and collaborate in person. While this position allows the future candidate to work from home several days a week, they are looking for candidates in the Washington, DC region or Richmond, VA to come into the office on a regular basis.
Visit the company's startup page to learn more about their mission, culture, perks & benefits, diversity & inclusion initiatives, and more...