Software Engineer, Frontend, Dealer
Hatch I.T. is partnering with West Creek to find a Software Engineer Frontend Dealer, see details below:
West Creek was recently named one of America’s Best Startup Employers, come find out why! Help West Creek to create the best in-store and online financing experience for consumers of all means and credit backgrounds. In this role the candidate will join a small but growing engineering organization that architects, designs, and delivers the applications and software to support West Creek’s rapidly growing business. Not only will they get an opportunity to deliver with leading edge technologies and collaborate with other amazing engineers, but they will also be joining at a time where the candidate can help establish norms and best practices for engineering at West Creek.
Specifically, they will be joining West Creek’s Dealer platform to help build the next generation of how customers interface & apply for financing with West Creek, focusing on the back-end systems. The candidate will develop in the latest technologies and help move legacy systems to West Creek’s cloud based micro-service platform(s) all while focusing on improving the customer experience. While “Breaking Down the Monolith,” West Creek wants to deploy solutions early and often, find out what works, and what doesn’t and not waste time doing it and helping the company grow along the way.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Build awesome things… Design, develop, test, and deploy new software solutions, enhancements, and bug fixes.
- Engineer solutions with CI/CD, Quality, and Observability as first-class citizens.
- Play well with others.
- Be a Lifelong Learner. The industry is constantly changing, stay on the leading edge of development practices.
- Understand business needs and know how to create the tools to manage them.
We are building out a microservice based approach to our new system, leveraging GoLang, Postgres and Kubernetes (among other tools) within AWS. These services will work with our legacy platforms that are still a part of our core business and are updated. We’re looking for a strong engineer with the ability to learn and adapt.
- Knowledge of modern programming languages (Java, Node, C#, Python, etc.). GoLang and .NET preferred.
- Understanding of HTTP/REST structure and operation for APIs
- Experience in developing microservices at scale.
- Knowledge of architecting and delivering applications to any of the major cloud providers: AWS, Azure, or GCE.
- Hands-on experience with containerization, service mesh-based architectures, and technologies in this space like Kubernetes and Docker.
- Skilled at performing research into emerging technologies and trends, standards, and products.
- Knowledge of scrum/agile software development process.
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
Education & Experience
- Four-year college degree in Computer Science/Engineering or Information Systems required.
- Hiring manager phone interview
- SHL numerical reasoning assessment
- Technical & behavioral interviews
Visit the company's startup page to learn more about their mission, culture, perks & benefits, diversity & inclusion initiatives, and more...