Software Engineer – Kubernetes Integrations
Company Headquarters: Morrisville, NC
Work Policy: Fully Remote
JupiterOne is a Cloud Security SaaS startup and they’re looking for an ambitious software engineer to join the open source integrations platform development team.
Integrations are responsible for ingesting cyber assets into the JupiterOne platform. This data is the lifeblood of security operations and continuous compliance efforts within an organization. The Integrations Team is looking for software engineers that have an interest in the challenges of building and maintaining high performance, large scale systems that interact with third party APIs to reliably obtain and transform data into the JupiterOne graph data system. They have lots of work to do, so they need developers that can work independently and asynchronously (think open source software development lifecycle), but know when a decision is one the team should make together.
This is a software engineering role for someone having significant operational experience with Kubernetes to help them build a Kubernetes integration for JupiterOne. Your code will ingest necessary configuration and workload details into the JupiterOne graph to help customers analyze and secure their infrastructure and applications. They plan to start with the major public cloud provider’s managed services (EKS, AKS, GKE) to provide value to existing customers as soon as possible with support of custom deployments picking up as soon as possible. This is an exceptional opportunity to continue writing clean code, leverage your deep understanding of Kubernetes architecture, and further your understanding of Kubernetes security.
Successful hires will receive a competitive salary, earn equity in the company, and see their contributions make an impact on the product and the success of their customers. They’re an inclusive company that is dedicated to creating a diverse environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
JupiterOne began in 2018 and is already being used by companies like Reddit, Databricks, Auth0, and Addepar to manage and monitor their cloud infrastructure. They raised a Series A round of funding in July 2020 to help them scale every function of the business. This is an opportunity to join a fully funded early stage startup with incredible prospects for growth (corporate, financial, and personal).
Due to current limitations their company is not able to sponsor international employees working in the United States at this time.
- Contribute to the development of open source projects that advance the adoption of the JupiterOne platform
- Focus on integrations with Kubernetes deployments
- Write code to collect, normalize, and deliver Kubernetes configuration and workload data into the JupiterOne graph
- Contribute to the advancement of our open source SDKs, libraries, and customer-hosted integrations
- Deploy code using Docker and Terraform to their AWS cloud-native infrastructure
- Document and automate integration development environment and deployment processes
- HTTP, REST, GraphQL
- AWS / Serverless (IAM, Lambda, Fargate, Step Functions, DynamoDB, SQS, S3, etc.)
- 100% company paid health plan for employees; option to purchase no-deductible plans
- Dental and Vision plans
- FSA and HSA
- Wellness – Health Advocate, On-Demand Primary Care, TelaDoc Virtual Health
- 401k (matching to be considered in 2021)
- Referral bonuses
- Experienced remote work management
- Remote worker perks / expense allowances
- Free snacks, regular team lunches, great co-workers
- Experience working with multiple Kubernetes deployments
- Experience building production-quality applications
- Experience with TypeScript or similar typed programming languages
- Experience writing unit tests (we use Jest) for new and existing code
- Experience developing or using REST or GraphQL APIs
- Ability to dig into existing, complex software systems and make progress even when things seem imperfect
- Ability to understand data models and complex configuration of third party systems and APIs
- Previous startup experience, preferably in a rapid, high growth environment
- Contributed to open source projects (feature development, documentation, bug fixes, reporting bugs, etc.)
- Exposure to multiple programming languages during professional career, Go and Python would be great
- Exposure to streamed data processing concepts
- An understanding of production software operational concerns (metrics, monitoring)
- Exposure to security operations (DevSecOps)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering and/or relevant work experience
- Phone Screen
- Video interview
- Take home coding assessment
- Panel interview
Visit the company's startup page to learn more about their mission, culture, perks & benefits, diversity & inclusion initiatives, and more...