Software Engineer – Open Source Integration Platform
Company Headquarters: Morrisville, NC
Work Policy: Fully Remote
Salary: - -
Equity Eligibility: Available
JupiterOne is a Cloud Security SaaS startup and we’re looking for an ambitious software engineer to join the open source integrations platform development team.
Integrations are responsible for ingesting cyber assets into the JupiterOne platform. This data is the lifeblood of security operations and continuous compliance efforts within an organization. The Integrations Team is looking for software engineers that have an interest in the challenges of building and maintaining high performance, large scale systems that interact with third party APIs to reliably obtain and transform data into the JupiterOne graph data system. We’re a small team of four today, with lots of work to do, so we need developers that can work independently and asynchronously (think open source software development lifecycle), but know when a decision is one the team should make together.
Successful hires will receive a competitive salary, earn equity in the company, and see their contributions make an impact on the product and the success of our customers. We’re an inclusive company that is dedicated to creating a diverse environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
JupiterOne began in 2018 and is already being used by companies like Reddit, Databricks, Auth0, and Addepar to manage and monitor their cloud infrastructure. We raised a Series A round of funding in July 2020 to help us scale every function of the business. This is an opportunity to join a fully funded early stage startup with incredible prospects for growth (corporate, financial, and personal).
- Contribute to the development of open source projects that advance the adoption of the JupiterOne platform
- Write TypeScript code to connect to third-party APIs to collect and normalize data into the JupiterOne graph
- Contribute to the advancement of our open source Node.js integrations SDK and libraries
- Deploy code using Docker and Terraform to our AWS cloud-native infrastructure
- Document and automate the integration development environment setup process (many integrations are quite sophisticated!)
- Experience building production-quality applications with Node.js
- Experience with TypeScript or similar typed programming languages
- Experience writing unit tests (we use Jest) for new and existing code
- Experience developing or using REST or GraphQL APIs
- Ability to dig into existing, complex software systems and make progress even when things seem imperfect
- Ability to understand data models and complex configuration of third party systems and APIs
- Previous startup experience, preferably in a rapid, high growth environment
- Contributed to open source projects (feature development, documentation, bug fixes, reporting bugs, etc.)
- Exposure to multiple programming languages during professional career, Python would be great
- Exposure to streamed data processing concepts
- An understanding of production software operational concerns (metrics, monitoring)
- Exposure to security operations (DevSecOps)
- Experience with Infrastructure as a Service and/or Kubernetes
Visit the company's startup page to learn more about their mission, culture, perks & benefits, diversity & inclusion initiatives, and more...