Embedded Healthcare is a mission-driven company improving health care delivery through analytics, technology, and behavioral economics jointly applied to change provider behavior. The company draws on proven research that demonstrates how specific design principles can help payers or health systems impact provider behavior to support new payment and delivery models. Join this early-stage start up on the cutting edge of value-based care, behavioral economics, incentive design, and more.
Embedded Healthcare is seeking an experienced technical architect who is passionate about designing the next generation of healthcare software solutions. The ideal candidate will have technical management experience with a proven track record in leading high-performing teams. This person will show a deep affinity and understanding of end user needs, while also understanding the critical challenges that the software is solving. Demonstrated, decisive leadership is key. The ability to collaborate and effectively communicate with customers, team members and partners is essential to this role.
The core responsibilities include:
- Provide overall technical leadership for the development of Embedded Healthcare’s products.
- Define and drive software architecture with consideration of scalability, extensibility, and maintainability.
- Determine, document, and communicate overall architectural principles and frameworks.
- Create a well thought out architecture strategy and manage the product roadmap alignment.
- Partner with business stakeholders, product managers, design, and technology leadership to translate requirements into technical solutions and design.
The ideal candidate for the role will have the following qualifications:
- 5+ years of software engineering experience.
- 2+ years of experience as an architect or tech lead.
- 3+ years of developing cloud native applications or products on AWS.
- Track record of developing highly available multi-tenant SaaS applications.
- Strong knowledge of architectural approaches such as microservices and serverless.
- Ability to clearly articulate the benefits of architectural approaches in terms of business value to internal and external customers.
- Excellent verbal/written communications and executive presentation skills required.
- Passion for improving health care a must– you will get to work alongside some of the country’s leading health care experts.
- Strong work ethic and entrepreneurial spirit – we are building a company from the ground up, so every team member is given a significant amount of responsibility and growth opportunity!
Nice to Have
- Experience working in a start-up environment.
- Knowledge of the healthcare industry and HL7 standards like FHIR.
- Past exposure to payer/provider landscape, value-based care, and specific risk-based payment and delivery reforms.
- Experience with R or Python.
- AWS certifications.
2. Test (Hacker Rank)
5. Add team member from the analytics or functional teams.
Embedded Healthcare is a hybrid first workforce. They are open to team members working remotely, and that they will be in office on a fractional basis. Embedded Healthcare will have in-person, event-based, visits to DC. Team members are encouraged, but not required to come to in-person events as they feel appropriate. They are requiring team members to be vaccinated if they are to visit in-person.
Visit the company's startup page to learn more about their mission, culture, perks & benefits, diversity & inclusion initiatives, and more...